[vorbis] re: Ogg doesn't measure up?!

Derek at CD Baby dereklist at cdbaby.com
Tue Apr 15 00:54:08 PDT 2003

Yeah you guys really should hear AACPlus.
I had the same "yeah right!" attitude until I heard it.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and surprising that it really does sound like a 128k mp3
(as in "good enough" not "great") - but at 48k bitrate!

read:
http://www.codingtechnologies.com/news/assets/20021009_ebutest_eng.htm

GO TO:
http://www.codingtechnologies.com/technology/aacPlus.htm

... and drop them an email to test it.  Just so you can hear it yourself.
(Note: you need a fax number!  They fax you something from Sweden.)

Of course no player supports it yet, so I can't use it for anything,
but it's nice to just be aware of what's out there.

--
Derek Sivers, CD Baby, Hostbaby
http://www.cdbaby.com  <-- best new independent music