[vorbis] Re: OGG in RIFF-WAVE (encoding with MSACM)

Christian HJ Wiesner christian at matroska.org
Wed Apr 9 22:50:13 PDT 2003

atom wrote:
> I only completed the 2nd part, basicly compressing OGG to RIFF-WAV through
> the standard
> libvorbis interface (i can't get the ACM to work).
> Atom

I still dont understand why you would want to add a WAV header to a
Vorbis stream ? You plan to mux Vorbis into AVI ? If so, please drop the
idea, it was done already and AVI will loose sync completely if you only
dare to seek in the movie. Only chance you have is to use Vorbis in CBR
mode, and then you loose one of the biggest advantages of this audio codec.

If you want to use Vorbis in movies either use OGM as container (
http://tobias.everwicked.com ) or stay tuned for Ogg Theora.

Christian