[vorbis] Re: OGG in RIFF-WAVE (encoding with MSACM)

atom atom at polychrome.pl
Wed Apr 9 06:28:02 PDT 2003

> 1. There is a Vorbis.ACM already, developed in Japan
I know there is, i use it in the example code i sent with my first post.
> 2. ACM does only support CBR audio, so you cant make a real spec
> compliant VBR audio codec with it. Vorbis in AVI sux and gets out of
> sync all the time
Well the ACM codec i used supports both CBR and VBR, i went through the
source
code to find that out.
The software is workng and is available form
http://polyhrome.pl/~atom/ThoRinst.exe
(it is a Win32 binary), the source code is not available for now cause it's
a mess and i
want to clean it up before making it public (if someone wants it now no
problem just let me know)
I only completed the 2nd part, basicly compressing OGG to RIFF-WAV through
the standard
libvorbis interface (i can't get the ACM to work).
Atom