[vorbis] Quality & Tags

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Sun Mar 31 21:11:49 PST 2002

On 31 Mar 2002 at 23:34, Andy (Dale) wrote:

> i think something that would be really helpful would be a way to track a
> file from its beginning to end, like how it is ripped (what program &
> options) encoded (what options), all that.  there would really be like
> no way to store it in the file, but maybe have like a program that keeps
> track of these things in a separate file.

I'm no expert on the wav format, but...

I think you could store 'ripped with paranoia' in a RIFF header
somewhere.  Then, as long as the vorbis encoder knows it's there, it
could grab that and copy it into the appropriate tag.  Could work, but
would require support from both tools.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway