[vorbis] Quality & Tags

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Sun Mar 31 21:06:12 PST 2002

On 31 Mar 2002 at 22:05, Monty wrote:

> This is up to the encoder app (as every app will have a different way of
> setting up the encode process, not to mention that int he future not
> every encoder will be based on libvorbis), but it's actually a
> reasonable thing.  It does pass the 'something I'd jot down on the
> recording' test.  Int he case of oggenc, it could simply be the quality
> related arguments passed ont eh command line.

Hi, Monty.  May I ask how you think a sample tag value might look?
Would it include, say, 'OggEnc v0.9 (libvorbis rc3)' as well?

I assume the encoder would write this tag.  So, it would be nice if the
various tag editors would generally discourage the user from editing
this information.

Anyway, when this discussion came up before, I was arguing against it.
And the last thing I said was something like "consider the
ramifications".  If Monty still feels it's a good idea after mulling it
over for two months, then I guess it's alright by me.  :D

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org