[vorbis] Encoding question

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.net
Tue Mar 12 15:43:32 PST 2002

> Is there any overhead that can be removed during the encoding or is there a
> setting that could get the encoding to have a smaller page size, thereby
> generating a  file less than 4kb?

Probably the way to get around this is to concatenate all your WAVs into one
long one with, say, half a second of silence between each sound bite.  Then
encode them into one ogg.  Record the offsets into the ogg for each soundbite
and make a big lookup table.  When you want to play a certain sound, seek to
the appropriate offset and decode it.

Or maybe a few files with a dozen sound bites in each.

Just a suggestion, though.  I've not done any such thing myself, but I think
some others on the list have done something similar.

--
Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School
"It is not possible to be 'incidentally a Christian'. The fact of