[vorbis] WinVorbis 1.1 released (UTF-8 support, final notice)

Craig Dickson crdic at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 08:36:12 PST 2002

Magnus von Koeller wrote:

> On Thursday 28 February 2002 21:20, you wrote:
> > "Any and all other topics pertaining to Vorbis are welcome on the
> > general purpose discussion list vorbis at xiph.org."
>
> Well, I still don't think that he should post an announcement every
> other day. Sure, I might be wrong, but there are people on this
> mailing list that use *nix and therefore have no interest in
> WinVorbis. You have to think about them, too.

I have no interest in WinVorbis. I deal with this by simply not reading
the announcements. I just mark the messages "read" and go on to the next
topic.

I assume (not having read the announcements) that WinVorbis is currently
in a period of rapid development. This probably won't last long, so the
announcement traffic should drop off after a while.

If Ross plans to keep up this rate of development and announcements for
months on end, then he might want to set up his own mailing list for
WinVorbis discussion, and announce only major releases here.

Craig