[vorbis] WinVorbis 1.1 released (UTF-8 support, final notice)

Peter Gammeltoft PeterPedal73 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 1 03:23:15 PST 2002

At 00:18 01-03-02 +0100, you wrote:

>On Thursday 28 February 2002 21:20, you wrote:
> > "Any and all other topics pertaining to Vorbis are welcome on the
> > general purpose discussion list vorbis at xiph.org."
>
>Well, I still don't think that he should post an announcement every
>other day. Sure, I might be wrong, but there are people on this
>mailing list that use *nix and therefore have no interest in
>WinVorbis. You have to think about them, too.

"We" do! Do you think about "us"?
A bit "saved by *nix" and condescending of Win32 are we? :-P
I thought *nix'ers was more ovebearingly
"Enjoy-Your-Cute-Little-Black&Decker-If-You-Like.Though-I-Prefer-Hole-Hawgs"
Jedi-like ;-D

>An announcement once in a while is ok and I've done this myself
>but IMVHO the tons of traffic Ross produced were too much. Just my
>humble opinion, though.

So basically you wouldn't mind (openly at least :-P) if announcements were
more evenly announced? I might just take it up on myself to announce
(unless Ross or the general majority says otherwise) WinVorbis development
around every second week for the newcomers. In the meantime it looks like
Benjamin and I will regularly announce development on the Hydrogenboard.

I'll stop here. EOD from my side.