[vorbis] Pre RC4 changes

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Jun 30 22:06:38 PDT 2002

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, David Tenser wrote:

> And when will this RC4 version be released? There have been no update on
> the pages on ogg.org/vorbis since December 2001! Why can't they at least
> post *something* to let people know that the project is not dead?

Because they're too busy writing code.  the CVS repository has been pretty
active over these last few days, what with Monty's new code being merged
into mainline and the tools being updated to take advantage of new
features.  My feeling is that the less we bug them to tell us what's going
on, the sooner it'll be released.  I have found however that asking
specific questions will usually generate a response, hence my post that
started this thread.

Which reminds me ... how soon till we get some lower sampling rate
optimisations to play with in CVS?  do you have any idea yet?  I've got
people literally itching to use it.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html