[vorbis] Pre RC4 changes

Caleb caleb_ownz at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 30 08:35:05 PDT 2002

OH dude another thing,
my english is not VERY GOOD, so i dont exactly understand what you said
about lossy channel coupling:
"Ogg Vorbis files use lossy channel coupling, meaning that redundancies
between the left and right channels are combined to save space."

If you can, please explain that. (give examples if you can).
How this differs from having the original stereo image? (quality??)

Thanks!

--- Graham Mitchell <graham at grahammitchell.net> wrote:
> > i was wondering where i can read about encoding in Vorbis, and all
> > kinds of stuff about Ogg Vorbis.
> >
> > Also im not good @ ripping at all so i want to learn alittle about
> > about bitrates and quality etc..
>
> What you need is an "Introduction to Compressed Audio with Vorbis".
>
> http://grahammitchell.net/writings/vorbis_intro.html
>
> --
> Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School
> "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool
> than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
> 	-- Mark Twain

> 'vorbis-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
> needed.

Do You Yahoo!?
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com