[vorbis] bitrate peeling

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Jun 30 22:00:04 PDT 2002

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:

> This is very interesting for multi rate streaming. I think I read most
> of the Ogg/Vorbis docs with RC3 but didn't any info on it.
>
> Where can I find info on how to do this (maybe with an example in C) ?

AFAIK, there are no programs for doing this yet (I did hear a rumour of an
experimental tool that allegedly wasn't that great).  The developers have
said for some time now that while streams pre 1.0 would *support* peeling,
there wouldn't be any tools for actually doing it till after 1.0.  It will
happen though, I'm sure icecast will get peeling support pretty quickly,
for example.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html