[vorbis] redhat vorbis install

Eric Seppanen eds at reric.net
Thu Jul 25 15:53:18 PDT 2002

I went ahead and finished up a set of RPMs.  There are definitely
improvements to be made, and I should document what I changed (and why),
and I haven't yet cleaned up libao as recommended by others.  But the
packages are built and install cleanly on 7.2 and 7.3 systems with no
outside packages needed, and of course without using --force.

I decided to build a libvorbis-compat package to satisfy all of the
existing software depending on old versions of libvorbisfile and
libvorbisenc.  I have not been told whether this is 100% safe, but it's
definitely better than having to force the packages and leaving unresolved
dependencies for lots of installed packages.

RPMS and SRPMS are here:
http://www.reric.net/linux/vorbis/