[vorbis] oggenc command not found

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Fri Jul 19 07:23:05 PDT 2002

raen7 at ihug.com.au wrote:
> I am running SuSE 7.3 and the cdaudio ogg ripping works very well. I am
> now in the process of archiving my vinyl in ogg files. According to the
> SuSE manual this is done using the oggenc command but I get no such
> command to work. I have also tried ./oggenc.

Make sure you have a package named "vorbis-tools" installed, among with
all it depends on (namely libao, libogg and libvorbis, plus a few helper
libraries, like curl and libiconv). I know SuSE has the Vorbis packages
in their dist for quite a while already, so there shouldn't be a problem
finding it. I recommend installing at least 1.0rc3, though. If SuSE 7.3
doesn't come with that version, fetch yourself the RPMs from
www.vorbis.com or compile the tools yourself from the tar.gz packages.