[vorbis] CVS RC4 -q0 too good!

fungus meditvr at teleline.es
Tue Jul 9 02:51:34 PDT 2002

John Morton wrote:

>>- Fill speaker cabinets with sulphur hexafluoride gas. Uranium
>>  hexafluoride would be even better, but for its unfortunate
>>  radioactivity. The best way is to fill condoms with the gas and tie
>>  them off, then fill the speaker cabinet with the condoms.
>

> The trouble is that sulphur hexafluoride really does have
 > the properies he  claims it has

Go to google and type "loudspeaker sulphur hexafluoride"
into the little box....

 > http://www.johnvestman.com/digital_myth.htm

Thanks for that link, John, I think I've heard it all
now...I hope Monty isn't using "big data blocks" in his
code.

"My Sonic Solutions dealer informed me that a MAJOR film
  sound editor could hear the difference in hard drives."

(Note that he heard the story second hand and that the MAJOR
  editor isn't actually named - two hallmarks of a good
  urban legend.)

Later he says:

"I know of a top music editor for film in LA who only
uses one brand of hard drive because he can hear the
difference between brands."

(Now he knows him more personally? See the legend
  propagate...)