[vorbis] quality scale 0-10

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sat Jul 6 05:47:52 PDT 2002

> My take in this is this.  I'm guessing that Monty wouldn't have included a
> 48kbps mode unless he could get it to sound something comparable to RC3's
> 64kbps.  Therefore, shifting q0 down to 48kbps would be in line with the
> whole quality way of doing things.  Like someone else said, keep it
> sounding the same, just shift the rates.

IMO q0 should be even lower. It's too good as it is; just maintaining
that quality is not the way to go. Again, it's *zero*, it shouldn't
sound even remotely good for normal music...

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org