Tag Standard Updated (Re: [vorbis] Quality & Tags)

James Chapman jfchapman at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 31 16:22:10 PST 2002

> >From ogginfo:
> [...]
> vendor=Xiphophorus libVorbis I 20011231
> [...]
>
> It shows up among all other tags - it looks like a standard,
> encoder-added tag. I might be making the wrong conclusions, though.
>

> Moritz

Well, I've been assuming the following vendor strings map to the version:

20000508    Beta 2
20001031    Beta 3
20010225    Beta 4
20010615    RC1
20010813    RC2
20011217    RC3

Are 20011217 & 20011231 both RC3? Oggenc, and the stuff I've done using the
Win32 SDK, seems to produce the former.
-
Jim