[vorbis] Re: OGG DirectShow implementation

Hongl Lai hongli at telekabel.nl
Tue Jan 29 14:08:52 PST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 19:45, Jernej Simonèiè wrote:
> Hello Hongl,
>
> 29. januar 2002, 18:45:11, you wrote:
>
> > I think it's great, as long as it's not DivX 4.0.
> > They decieved a lot of open source developers to create 4.0...
>
> Then try XviD - opensourced DivX 4 implementation
> <http://www.videocoding.de/>. It rated pretty good in the test on
> Doom9...

I already know about XviD. But still... thinking about what they did
with DivX 4.0 just makes me mad.
DivX 4.0 is gaining more and more marketshare these days by using
people's ignorance ("they have the same name so DivX 4.0 must be the
next version!"), while XviD is still unknown by many people, is still in
development, and is not used by anybody (yet).