[vorbis] Interactive RC3 quality analysis graphs

Magnus Holmgren lear at algonet.se
Wed Jan 23 09:14:02 PST 2002

volsung at asu.edu wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Andy (Dale) wrote:
>
> > > There's certainly a lot of room for improvement in the vorbis-tools
> > > modules, but I think oggenc and ogg123 are shaping up quite nicely.
> >
> > any plans for an ogg123 for windows?
>
> We've thought about it.  We need more work on the windows modules in libao I
> think.  ogg123 also depends on POSIX threads and libcurl, and I don't know if
> either are available on Win32.

Libao compiles at least. Haven't tried the example programs though. :)
Posix threads and libcurl are ported to Win32. At least, libcurl seems
to compile here, when I made the latest stab at compiling ogg123. And
there is a site dedicated to "Pthreads on Win32"
(http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/).

> Some very motivated windows hacker would have to make it happen, because I
> don't know how.  :)

The problem seems to be some Unix specific code, particularly stuff
included via unistd.h, which isn't available (by default in VC++ anyway;
don't know about Cygwin or DJGPP. They might be able to compile ogg123
as is). Haven't looked  at what ogg123 actually needs. If opendir() etc.
is used, see the 0.9 version of ReplayGain for an example of how to use
FindFirstFile() as a replacement.

--
Magnus Holmgren