[vorbis] ReplayGain support for Vorbis"

Magnus Holmgren lear at algonet.se
Tue Jan 15 11:55:51 PST 2002

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:

> >It's quite common for Unix apps ported to Windows not to
> >support wildcards. It's not even that uncommon in native
> >MS-DOS or Windows programs, because of the extra
> >code you have to write.
>
> The 'extra code you have to write' consists of including
> setargv.obj (for MSVC6) in the library list.
>
> Granted, it takes some digging into MSDN documentation
> to find that out, but that's my general experience with
> Windows programming.

But typing e.g. '"e:\test\space test\\*.ogg"' doesn't work (yes, the
extra backslash is needed, since wildcard expansion isn't done by
default in quoted strings. And isn't "\" beatiful as an escape character
in this case? ;). Maybe that is intentional behaviour (does *nix limit
globbing to the current directory? And is special treatment needed in
quoted text?)... That means the code I sent (in a private mail to) you
is still useful. It handles this case just fine (and without the need to
escape anything). :)

--
Magnus Holmgren