[vorbis] Problems Building Ogg Vorbis RC3

John Morton jwm at plain.co.nz
Mon Jan 14 17:08:44 PST 2002

On Tuesday 15 January 2002 13:02, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> John Morton (jwm at plain.co.nz) wrote:
> > On Monday 14 January 2002 07:02, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > > Then again, 2.4.x kernels are ALL broken right now, every last one of
> > > them, with respect to the new binutils.
> >
> > Hm. I _have_ been getting the occasional spontaneous reboot, but I've
> > assumed that was more likely to be hardware.
>
> Could be a failing power supply.  Not fun.

Fortunately it's still under warrenty (and I want a quite one, anyway :-).

> > What are the symptoms with respect to
> > binutils?
>
> The infamous "foo.o: undefined reference to `local symbols discarded in
> ...'" thing.

Never spotted that one. I must have just the right version of binutils.

Hm. Now that libao supports alsa09 I should give that a test run on the
SBLive!. The alsa soundcard matrix indicates the same dirver works for the
SB512.

John