[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Glenn Maynard g_ogg at zewt.org
Fri Jan 11 14:38:15 PST 2002

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 08:27:32AM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> Wait... so that URL you provided that lets you specify a language
> encoding inline isn't always sufficient?  Whew.  What does it take?

(Not encoding, just language.)

This is a different problem.  Basically, there are no standard mapping
tables between the non-Han characters in CJK encodings and Unicode, so
every vendor pulled one out of his ear.

Rather than making players deal with this by having to cope with RFC2047
and the older encodings directly, I'm suggesting we pick one of these
translation tables (per language, at least) and use it for tags
(and making sure iconvert() deals with it.)  This won't change its UTF-8
use at all; it only matters when there's other encodings, like CP932,
involved.

--
Glenn Maynard