[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Glenn Maynard g_ogg at zewt.org
Thu Jan 10 23:54:18 PST 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:23:31PM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > > has its own transliteration system for english words, using chinese
> > > characters. If we are going to support romanization, then we should
> > > support the systems of other languages too.
> > Please read
>
> URL please.

I'm subscribed to the list and don't use the archives, so rather than
find them and dig it out, I'll repost:

"It's not a problem with a decent data format; ie.
                  <data lang="ja" type="phonetic">ゆめ</data>
                  <data lang="ja" type="transliteration" trans="roman">yume</data>
                  <data lang="en" type="translation">Dream</data>
</tag>

Obviously, anything remotely resembling this would be metadata, not
tags.  I show this also to show how I envision metadata handling this.
Players don't need to know about the other types if they don't need it;
they could just look for the the native tag (the one lacking "type".)"

(Actually, I don't quite agree with myself on that last sentence
anymore; the native tag shouldn't be required, since a person might
only have access to the translated or transliterated title, ie. if they
don't know how to type 夢.)

--
Glenn Maynard