[vorbis] quality settings

Peter G. PeterNOSPAMPedal2100 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 3 16:41:27 PST 2002

At 16:31 03-01-02 -0700, you wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 11:59:26PM +0100, Peter G. wrote:
> > 3 is nominal 112 IIRC
> > 5 is nominal 160
>
>He meant 'of comprable quality to 160kbps mp3'.
>
>jack.

Ah.. Note to self: Haste makes waste, never buy on impulse, think before
you post because this is going into the archives and some day your
grandchildren will dig forth your old posts yadyadyada ;-)

Then I can't really help, cause my system (and probably also my ears) isnt
good enough to distingush this. Personally I use q 4,5 for "ordinary
replacable stuff" (ie borrowing/encoding common CD's to sample the music.
Long live the music sections in libraries) and will most likely use q 5 to
6 on music I'd like to keep for an extended period of time. I have this
thing about keeping my max bitratres around the 160-180 kbs. I don't really
believe in lossy longterm-archival quality.

["What a long post with no content. I should go for a political career."]

Adress is not munged.