[vorbis] Quality & Tags

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Thu Jan 31 14:25:51 PST 2002

SyP wrote:
> > ENCSETTINGS or similar would be the most simple alternative that
> I think most of you are missing an important point: the fact that
> currently all encoder uses the official Vorbis libs or calls oggenc
> directly (if it's true even) doesn't mean, that it will be the only
> implementation forever; you cannot make an official "ENCSETTINGS"

comment=Encoded using MS VorbisMedia - use WMA+ for superior quality
vendor=Microsoft Vorbis XP 2003SP4
encsettings=--telephone
nominal_bitrate=800000

Where, exactly, is the problem in ENCSETTINGS here? ;)

If there's another vendor, using his own libs etc, I still want to know
what I am listening to. I only said that all encoders that use libvorbis
have oggenc as the lowest common denominator and therefore can
"translate" their settings to oggenc parameters.