Tag Standard Updated (Re: [vorbis] Quality & Tags)

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Thu Jan 31 13:01:23 PST 2002

Glenn, could you list the information thats waiting for metadata?
Thinking about the goals put forward for the tagging standard, adding an
ENCSETTINGS tag would clearly fulfill goal 1: Let the user know WHAT he
is listening to.

Where is information about which version of libvorbis was used for
encoding stored in the Ogg file now?  I don't think its stored in the
actual tags;  Is there a way we could store the encoding settings in the
same way?

I have tentatively added ENCSETTINGS to the proposed standard.  If we
can use the same mechanism for that information as is used for the
encoder library, and library version, I am willing to withdraw it.

Jonathan