[vorbis] Ogg and Vorbis questions

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Mon Jan 21 10:45:31 PST 2002

> I think you might be confused about some terms.  Here is a one way to think
> about it:
>
> * The Ogg file taken as a whole (either on disk or streaming through your
> network connection) is a _physical bitstream_.  In theory, a physical bistream
> can contain data corresponding to all sorts of media types.

Thanks ofr the clarification.  Is there are documentation out there with regard
to using Ogg without using Vorbis?  I'm exploring using Ogg (not Vorbis) for a
non-audio type transport and am unable to find this type of dicussion.  The
libvorbis code is the most helpful thing I've found (and honestly, expect to
find), but it's not a piece of ckae to seperate the Ogg from the Vorbis.

And, has anyone written and Ogg tunnelling code?  This might be an exercise in
coolness for me to learn some libogg as I explore the transport mechanism. ::-)

Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com