[vorbis] Ogg compared to MPC and AAC

Jeff Flowers jsflowers at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 10:52:45 PST 2002

>Both AAC and MPC are not *new things*.

I'm Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply they were new but new to me. :)

>I WILL NOT use AAC nor MPC.It is
>because THEY ARE NOT FREE

I was curious how they compared to Ogg Vorbis and freedom certainly is
something to consider. And I commend you for standing by your ethics.

>By the way,if I want to have a better quality,
>why dont I use LOSSLESS FORMAT, such
>as Ape and FLAC?

I haven't heard of Ape but I did like FLAC. I'll check out Ape as well.

>P.S.In your letter:Is it FLAC?You wrote "FLAK"

No, you have it right. I'm just being an idiot today.

Jeff