[vorbis] ReplayGain support for Vorbis

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Mon Jan 14 18:55:22 PST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 07:40:46PM -0700, volsung at asu.edu wrote:
> No, unfortunately.  The ReplayGain information is stored in the Vorbis comment
> header, which the FLAC substream does not use.

Just to throw out a random idea ... wouldn't it be helpful to move the
Vorbis comment header to a more generic comment-scribbing system that
could be used for all Ogg codecs? It wouldn't have to necessarily move
out of the stream it's currently in, or require any changes to the
bitstream format at all if done right -- I'm just speaking from a
we'll-need-it-for-a-bunch-of-things-so-reuse-the-code point of view.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net>
- "Know thyself."