[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sun Jan 13 01:23:23 PST 2002

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 10:14:50PM +1300, John Morton wrote:
>You could probably accomplish the same ends by agreeing on an informal
>standard whereby PERFORMER fields have things like 'conductor', 'soloist' and
>'ensemble' appended in brackets where appropriate and write code to parse
>that out.

Except by Monty's rules the standard may not require parsing of any tag
data to get information from it.  You will notice I already use the
bracket convention myself distinguish whether the performer is a violinist,
pianist, soprano, or other.

If what you want is an 'informal' standard, or something thats not
'official', I've already stated you can use PERFORMER in lieu of
ENSEMBLE.  Go wild and use PERFORMER instead of CONDUCTOR too.  I don't
mind.  In the freedb equivalent that springs up to hold the standard Ogg
taggings of various tracks, the will of the people will be known; if
more people use CONDUCTOR instead of PERFORMER, it will show up in the
database records.

Jonathan