[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sat Jan 12 10:37:40 PST 2002

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 01:02:00AM -0800, David K. Gasaway wrote:
>> The only objection people still have to the standard is the ENSEMBLE
>> tag, and that ain't going.  Its one of those tags that many people won't
>> need it, but if you need it, you need it.
>
>Put it in Appendix A! :)
>
>Just teasing, Jonathan.  But really, you haven't explained why you feel you need it.  I don't see
>the connection with goal #1.

I've set up my ogg software so that if an ENSEMBLE tag exists, the
PERFORMER tags get ignored.  In the display area, the ENSEMBLE gets
higher priority; and my script which automatically renames an Ogg
filename based on its internal tags ignores PERFORMERs if ENSEMBLE is
set.

The only thing preventing me from releasing my ogg tagging software is
that the rogg script (rename ogg) hasn't figured out how to deal with
multitags other than treating them as singletons.

Jonathan