[vorbis] How to make Vorbis popular

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Fri Jan 11 12:43:12 PST 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 11:56:01AM -0700, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > > Understanding the time-to-market vs. the perfect product argument is
> > > important, and not too difficult.  Most companies who strive to put out
> > > the "perfect product" don't exist long because their competitors have
> > > released something that, while it may not be defect-free or as fast, is
> > > making money.  They can then revise and improve their product, so the next
> > > release is better/faster/etc.  If you never get your product out the door,
> > > you lose market share and everything that goes along with it.
> >
> > We have several products out the door.  You can go to CompUSA or BestBuy
> > and pick up five or six boxes that have vorbis inside.
>
> Um, I don't mean to heckle, but how does this make any sense when, one
> paragraph later you say:
<snip, snip>

Jack wasn't very clear.  He's talking about boxes of SOFTWARE.  There are
several games now that use vorbis internally for compressed audio sound
effects, music, speech, etc.  There are no hardware players, but that doesn't
mean all corporations are ignoring vorbis.  :)

---
Stan Seibert