[vorbis] RC3

Trever L. Adams tadams-lists at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 10 22:29:15 PST 2002

I just wanted to make a few comments. So far, this rocks.  I am
re-encoding a lot of my cd's because at -q 3.9 I am getting better than
I did at -b 140 in RC2.  Very nice.

I tried to do a -M 32 with no other options on a track "Inxs - New
Sensations."  I didn't use -m -b or -q.  The voice seemed to be
remarkably well represented.  The tone shifts and all seemed to be
there.  The music was pretty crappy (expected).  If -q and -M could work
with 22khz and 11khz input I think this would work wonderfully.

However, I believe I have what is a bug.  Quite often it jumped above
the 32kbps that I told it to hold to as a maximum.  These were 35, 36,
37, and 39.

Over all, I would say if the lower sampling rates would work with the
management features, you could have an awesome streaming for songs that
would be at dial-up rates.

Good job.

Trever Adams