[vorbis] >Why not use OggDrop? Going for managed bitrates? Tagging?

Philip M. White pwhite at gigacluster.net
Mon Jan 7 05:37:39 PST 2002

At 02:22 1/7/2002, you wrote:
>The solution I use is the dos FOR loop. e.g.
>FOR %%1 IN (*.wav) DO oggenc -q 4 --artist="Dido"  --album="No Angel" -d "2001" %%1
>The song titles are unique so there's no time saved by using a batch file; I do them after encoding.

        One last question: is there a way to use the loop control variable value inside the loop? Since the loop counter begins with one and is incrementing each time (I'm assuming), I should probably use that value as the track number and serial number to save myself time later.
        Is there a way to do that, like in C/C++'s for() loop?

        Thanks.

                                                        -- Philip.