[vorbis] Slightly off-topic: question about DOS batch files

Philip M. White pwhite at gigacluster.net
Sun Jan 6 21:05:12 PST 2002

Jack, thanks for your quick reply about my Comment question.
This next question is slightly off-topic, but it pertains to encoding a directory of WAV files into Oggs.

        Right now I have 14 WAVs that I ripped from a CD... I made a [huge] batch file which specifies the name and track number of each WAV.  Unfortunately, I have to have the entire batch file on a single line, since it's a single call to oggenc.exe. This single line is 1057 characters long!  :-/
        Is there any way to have an escape character, like the backslash on Unix/Linux, that would allow me to have multiple lines of batch file, but would be interpreted as a single line by DOS?  That would make it much easier to edit data of each track.
        If anyone knows about this, please tell me.  Thanks.

                                                -- Philip.