[vorbis] File Info Question

Jeff Flowers jeff at jeffreyf.net
Sun Jan 6 19:33:12 PST 2002

When I run ogginfo on a .ogg file I created with oggenc (RC3), it lists some
things that I have questions about:

1. Ogginfo lists bitrate_average and bitrate_nominal. Now, bitrate_average
(I assume) would mean the overall bitrate average for the entire file but
what does bitrate_nominal mean?

2. How is the serial number created? Can I tell something specific about an
.ogg file by looking at it?

As a side note, a thank you to those developers working on Ogg Vorbis.  I am
very, very, happy with what I have seen and I will be ripping my whole CD
collection to Vorbis instead of MP3.