[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Fri Jan 4 02:01:57 PST 2002

Hm. The embedded use argument has a lot of merit.  I still think its
wrong to stick a LANG tag in though.  According to the URL's you gave,
Japanese people want to read Chinese ideograms in their own Japanese
font...  I see no reason to do special extra encoding to force them to
see the glyphs as the encoder originally saw them.  So we're back to
UTF-8.  Also according to the URL's you gave, although the characters
may LOOK different in different locales, they do have the same meaning;
that is why they are the same in the first place.  The extra complexity
seems to buy us nothing, while a LANG tag could be a hindrance if you
want to mix and match various languages.

Jonathan

--
I am working to subvert from within ...
umm ...  by writing shoddy code ... and
charging too much. -- Colin, Aug 21, 2001