[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Jan 3 20:14:27 PST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> I think in keeping with the spirit of tags in Ogg its better to say
> ENSEMBLE=London Symphony Orchestra
> instead of
> PERFORMER=London Symphony Orchestra (orchestra)
> which would require additional parsing.

I don't understand why you need this.  Ensembles are performers.  surely
you don't need your player to tell you that the London Symphony Orchestra
is an orchestra, or even that it is an ensemble.  This should be
self-evident.  Surely a set of performer tags, one specifying the
performing group and the rest listing the various soloists will be easily
understood.

Geoff.