[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Thu Jan 3 14:05:18 PST 2002

Hm.  I doubt a Cantopop song would be meaningful to most non-speakers of
Cantonese, so if they are listening to it in the first place, they can
jolly well learn to read Chinese hieroglyphics while they're at it.
Or, the 90% solution, tag the song name in the hieroglyphics of the
original language, then after it put the song title translated to
english in brackets.  For example:

TITLE=<Japanese UTF-8 hieroglyphics> (Title in English)

Jonathan

PS: I'm not against there existing translations of every tag for every
track; but wouldn't it be more appropriate to collate all those into an
external base a la freedb?  Then when fetching or uploading tags, you
specify the language setting you want.  If tags don't exist in your
language, you get the English ones by default.