[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Thu Jan 3 13:39:23 PST 2002

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 07:16:05AM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 03:22:47AM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
>> But you wanted more tags than what are currently in the standard, right?
>> No problem; make a list, post it here for comment, and I'll put it in
>> Appendix A.
>
>No, I don't.  (Not currently.)  Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Oh. Ok.  Btw, the latest version has an EAN/UPN tag added.

>Well, if it's not done now, it'll be much harder to do later.  Has there
>been any brainstorming on the list at all?

Not that I'm aware of.  I agree with you it will be harder later.

>This is the old way of doing arbitrary encodings in mail.  UTF-8
>obsoletes it.  (If you don't know about UTF-8, I strongly suggest
>becoming familiar with it; http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html
>is a good start.)

Thank you for the URL.  I've read it, and now agree that UTF-8 is the
way to go.  I hadn't realized the UTF-8 encoding was so simple and so
backward compatible with ASCII.

If we are using UTF-8, why do we need a LANG tag again?  It should
display correctly no matter what your locale.

Jonathan