[vorbis] RC3?

Karel P Kerezman rael at zero.kgon.com
Wed Jan 2 16:46:51 PST 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-02 at 16:29, Monty wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 05:12:59PM -0100, fungus wrote:
>
> > Most users aren't stupid, if they see the word "quality"
> > then they'll go that route. We just have to make
> > it obvious to them that they're not in mp3 land any
> > more.
>
> Users aren't generally stupid, but they do tend to be poorly informed
> and lazy.  Have a look at some of the Slashdot comments from the rc3
> release.
>
> "I don't want to use it until it supports VBR"
>
> "My buddy tried it last year and said it sucks."
>
> "I don't use things unless they run on Linux."

Funny, I seem to recall spending a mod point on some guy who posted a
lengthy, well-written rebuttal to one of those "VBR" posts... *chortle*
That'll teach Slashdot to give me moderator points, dammit!

the Ogg Vorbis project. =)

I just about choked on my morning cup of tea when I read the original "I
want VBR" entry. Er, duh? I suppose it could have been a troll, but
really now. And you forgot to mention the several dozen "I want a
MP3-to-OGG converter" debates that rage through that forum. Yawn.

--
Karel P Kerezman, IS Admin Entercom Portland

It's not Area 51 I'm worried about - it's Areas 1 through 50.