[vorbis] RC3?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Jan 2 16:29:58 PST 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 05:12:59PM -0100, fungus wrote:

> Most users aren't stupid, if they see the word "quality"
> then they'll go that route. We just have to make
> it obvious to them that they're not in mp3 land any
> more.

Users aren't generally stupid, but they do tend to be poorly informed
and lazy.  Have a look at some of the Slashdot comments from the rc3
release.

"I don't want to use it until it supports VBR"

"My buddy tried it last year and said it sucks."

"I don't use things unless they run on Linux."

"It's really just stolen WMA (or MP3 or Real or....)"

Monty