[vorbis] RC3 Tagging/Encoding and Winamp answer

ndrw mchl grnbrg agreenbu at nyx.net
Wed Jan 2 13:05:21 PST 2002

Blue Jay <tribe0125 at hotmail.com> wrote:
:
: Here's the main reason for my post:  I have figured out how to use
: Audiograbber and oggenc RC3 to get fully tagged ogg files.  However, the
: normalizing options are not advanced enough for me - I use sound forge to
: normalize to an RMS value.

Seeing as Sound Forge's "Normalize to RMS" is really a limiter/compressor,
I wouldn't trust a program like Audiograbber to do it well even if they
did offer it.

: I was wondering if
: there was a way for me to use oggenc to read the filename of the input wav
: file and tag the outputted ogg file automatically.

You may need a fancy wrapper script for this. There are ports of Perl to
Windows; anybody care to port a script? Shouldn't require much
modification in XP (mainly wildcard support).

--
 agreenbu @ nyx . net                             andrew michael greenburg
                     http://www.nyx.net/~agreenbu/