[vorbis] -q option failing

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Feb 6 00:41:42 PST 2002

At 07:54 PM 2/5/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>	I've tried to find this in the mailing list, but to no avail. Im using the
>rip perl tool (rip.sourceforge.net) to encode using ogg vorbis. As far as I
>can tell, setting the quality AND making vorbis read from STDIN is causing
>a failure. The message reads in part
>
>"Opening with wav module: WAV file reader
>Mode initialisation failed: invalid parameters for quality"

Can't reproduce this. stdin and quality definately work together. Indeed,
the exact command line used below works (with rc3 and with current cvs).

If you can give more information, I'll try to investigate (also, if you DO
have any extra info, please report the bug at http://bugs.xiph.org).

Finally, make absolutely sure that you have rc3 libraries (not just rc3
tools) being _used_ (rather than merely being installed) - I'd expect an
error like this if you were using rc2 libs.

Michael