[vorbis] -q option failing

Brant Chamberlain brantc at neogenesis.com
Tue Feb 5 16:54:24 PST 2002

Hi all,

        I've tried to find this in the mailing list, but to no avail. Im using the
rip perl tool (rip.sourceforge.net) to encode using ogg vorbis. As far as I
can tell, setting the quality AND making vorbis read from STDIN is causing
a failure. The message reads in part

"Opening with wav module: WAV file reader
Mode initialisation failed: invalid parameters for quality"

The folling is the actual command line passed to oggenc.

/usr/bin/cdparanoia   -v  1 - |  dd ibs=5M |  /usr/bin/oggenc  -  -q 9  -t
"Pearl In" -a "Tosca" -l "Suzuki" -N "1" -d
  "" -c "description=Track #1" -c "genre=" -c "encode_date=2004-02-03" -c
"cddb_id=a70df80c"  -o  "rip_temp_file.ogg" &&  mv "rip_tem
p_file.ogg" "/sounds/ogg/Tosca/Suzuki/01_Pearl_In.ogg"

I'm using oggenc .9 libvorbis rc3

Thanks for any help, and apologies if this is a well understood bug.

Brant