[vorbis] comment header specification

Ross Levis ral at baycom.co.nz
Sun Feb 24 16:45:56 PST 2002

I'm writing my own comment reader by directly reading the ogg files (ie.
not using the existing library).  There is something that seems odd to
me.  The 32-bit number specifying the length of the next comment is
sometimes wrong on large multi-line comments.

I have a test OGG here with a lot of text in a comment tag.  The comment
size field says 9121, however, the actual comment size is 9171 bytes.

The strange thing is that VorbisComment & the Winamp plug-in handle it
perfectly so I'm at a loss as to what is going on.

Can someone please explain.

Regards,
Ross Levis.