[vorbis] WinVC UTF8 problems

SyP syp at dev-labs.com
Sun Feb 17 10:10:24 PST 2002

Hello all!

I wrote on behalf of Arioch <the_Arioch at yahoo.com>, who probably
cannot send to the list for some reason:

I think Delphi 5 probably supports Unicode components in VCL, so it
should be easy to fix.
=========The end of the citation================

Delphi does not support Unicode, but there are free Unicode controls.
Anyway, i aint sure if they work on Win9x - non-Unicode OS.

For example there are 2 version of "MP3 Shell Extension" - ANSI for win9x
and Unicode for WinNT.

OK, review those controls.
=========Beginning of the citation==============
http://home.ccci.org/wolbrink/tntmpd/delphi_unicode_controls_project.htm
All are UNICODE enabled for NT/2000!  (They will still work fine under
Windows 9X.)
=========The end of the citation================

>> http://winvc.stationplaylist.com/WinVC.exe

> I noticed WinVC can't *show* properly any non-ASCII, i.e., multi-byte
> UTF-8 comments. Interestingly enough, it *saves* my comments as UTF-8,
> but it converts first to the system default codepage. (I think - I use
> Win2kSP2 ENG Professional, and o-with-double-acute becomes o-tilde)

Cheers, SyP