[vorbis] Seeking in a saved stream; or, Why isn't that sucker valid?

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Mon Feb 11 13:04:42 PST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Stephen Commiskey wrote:

> I hope that this is the appropriate venue for this question.  If it's not, let me know and I'll take it elsewhere (perhaps vorbis-dev).
>
> Saved streams are great - it lets this norteamericano get his fill of BBC
> Radio 1's Essential Mix.  Unfortunately, saved streams aren't seekable.
> Running ogginfo on the stream data gives:

> stream_integrity=fail

damaged Ogg packets in the stream.  How are you saving this stream to disk?

I think there is a problem here, but not with seeking, exactly.  If the file
is saved on disk, then it should be seekable.  It is possible that vorbisfile
is not acting correctly when given damaged streams of the sort you have.

---
Stan Seibert