AW: [vorbis] WinVC v0.91 released

Burgwedel Friedrich Friedrich.Burgwedel at roi.de
Thu Feb 7 06:57:38 PST 2002

Another suggestion:

> Von: Carl-Eric Menzel [mailto:calle at bitforce.com]
> One minor problem: A (configurable?) character replacement table is
> needed. Some of the song titles I have contain characters like for
> example "/", which can't be used in filenames. It would be nice to be
> able to have them mapped automatically to a fitting character when
> renaming (but still keeping them in the tags!).

...anyone to jump in with regular expressions here?
So you can manage a list of regular expressions to match against the text in
the tags, and replace the matching strings with whatever is indicated for
that expression. This way you would be much more flexible to even correct
certain misspellings... just have a set of flags with every expression to
specify when to invoke this expression: manual, on load of file, on building
a filename, after freeDB-download, etc.

Or have the possibility to route every string through an external utility
(filter), with information on the operation being performed...

Or implement a plugin interface... (yeah, leave the real work to those who
need this sort of stuff!)

Hm, just kidding?!

Friedrich