[vorbis] file(1) support for Ogg and Ogg/Vorbis

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Wed Feb 6 15:58:34 PST 2002

Beni Cherniavksy (cben at techunix.technion.ac.il) wrote:

> An extensive vorbis magic I wrote was sent to Christos Zoulas
> <christos at astron.com> - the current magic maintainer, if you know
> other magic databases (and their maintainers) tell me.
>
> It's already there in the last 3.37 version, maybe earlier ones too. Get
> the source from
>         ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/file
> (you will find the vorbis magic in the `magdir/vorbis' file).

Interesting... Magdir/vorbis is not included in the toplevel Makefile.am,
so it's not used in the resulting Makefile, hence it's not in the magic
file.  That would explain why Debian unstable, which has file-3.37,
does not use your enhanced vorbis magic file -- it never gets included
in the build!

Also, you need to delete the old entry from Magdir/audio or it gets used
by default.

/me contemplates sending a patch to the Debian BTS.  (But ideally one
would have to add the post-RC1 library version strings first.)

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |