[vorbis] had a thought on peeling last night

Shawn Riley roleypup at samford.net
Sun Dec 22 01:48:47 PST 2002

Could that be continued to levels q0 & q-1 to produce a total of 4 streams? Is such a level of "granularity" considered acceptable? I thought the intention was to be able to peel the streams to /any/ given q-level, not just specific levels. I wonder then, could it start pulling a few bits off the high frequency range, then gradually lower this "cutoff" frequency (one stream at a time) while the simulated q-level drops?

- Shawn

Daniel wrote-